Did I mention that I love GLEE?
I'm asking you, very nicely, to consider watching it because as soon as I give my heart to a show, it gets canceled. RIP Pushing Daisies and Veronica Mars.
Here's why you should watch it.
1. I was in show choir, a little group we called Les Chantueses. And let me tell you, the only thing more fun that being in show choir is being on the track team. Exhibit A:
Please try to contain the wild jealousy within your soul. I'm sorry you did not get to dance to "It's Raining Men" in homemade sparkly tops and capri pants.
Les Chantueses really was the most fun ever. We convinced Mr. Forsyth to make it a senior girls group instead of a sophomore girls group so we could stay in it together. And we also got to play with the Clavinova and make awesome car crash and machine gun noises. I apologize that I could not find a picture of us in our LOVELY choir dresses with our FANCY jewelry. If someone sends me one, I may post it. Take it from a Les Chantueses, Glee is fun.
2. I love musicals! I realized today that the only time I am willing to buy a WHOLE CD is for musical soundtracks. Mamma Mia, Wicked, Sweeney Todd, Hairspray, Phantom, David Archuleta... And Glee is one big musicals. I love how much they get all the characters to sing! And dance!
3. I love the 80s. They keep using either awesome current pop songs, or fantastic 80s music. Sol even likes it. He just wishes there was more singing.
4. The two main high school kids are RACHEL and FINN. Are you kidding me? Go watch.
5. Mr. Schuester has curly hair and sings and dances. It's cute.
6. There is a celibacy club. Funny.
7. Kurt + Beyonce = Wonderful.
8. It's about teaching kids, which is the world's most important profession.
9. There isn't much else going on at 9 on Wednesdays on FOX.
10. It's a show about a show choir... did I mention that? Really, that's a pretty funny premise. Please go watch it. Save my show.