It seems appropriate that to celebrate Valentine's Day I would post about something I love, and that is Google.
I'm still testing the waters on the whole Google Buzz thing, but I am head over heels for Google Reader and have been for awhile.
If you aren't using Google Reader, I will teach you about it real quick. And I will also teach you about an advanced Reader trick. (Because I am a teacher and today I am at school with no students... so I need to teach something. It's in my blood.)
Setting up Reader
1. You need a Google account--it will make you cool and will make your life easier.
2. When you are in Gmail (or any Google ap) click READER.
3. To add all your favorite blogs, click ADD A SUBSCRIPTION.
4. Every time you check your email, just click reader to view all your fabulous blogs. Your life will never be the same. I've converted many to Google Reader, and everyone has been sad that they were missing it so long.
And now for you Advanced Google Reader-ers. Here's my new fancy trick that I love... the NEXT button. As a blog design aficionado, it's a little sad to just see the text of a blog and miss out on the pretty designs. And you can't leave a comment through reader which also makes me sad. So here's your quick way to get to visit all updated blogs at their actual sites...
The Next Button
1. In Google Reader, click SETTINGS then READER SETTINGS.
2. Click GOODIES.
3. Drag that NEXT button to your toolbar.
4. At any moment in your internet-ing, click on the next button that is now in your toolbar, and it will take you to your first unread blog. Then when you click it again, it will go to the next unread site. And when there are no more unread sites, there is a funny surprise. I'm not going to tell you, because its kinda fun.
**Note: I can't be held responsible for things I write after having a large Dunkin Donuts iced coffee. I feel like screaming like "David After Dentist". And then throwing up.***