So since our last update, we have celebrated Mother's Day, our first solo outing and my birthday! We celebrated Mother's Day with Sol's parents and his sister Summer... and my body celebrated by trying to kill me. I got really sick and laid (layed??? 1 point for anyone who knows the right word) in bed the whole time. It was really sad because I felt like a failure of a mother because I couldn't take care of my baby on Mother's Day.
The first solo outing was quite successful and was to a destination that I hope my son learns to love over the years... the Paper Source. Many of you know of my quest to visit every PS in the US of A, and Finley is helping me, one store at a time. I think he really liked it. One great (and also terrible) thing about shopping with him is that he limits my spending. I went in to the store, got exactly what I needed and left. I have a tendency to buy things I don't need and I was so scared he would start yelling (but really, how could you get upset in such a lovely place??) that I shopped super fast. Oh, Paper Source, I love you and all your pretty colors and coordinating accessories.
And then my birthday! It took Sol and I a little bit to figure out if I was turning 25 or 26, but eventually we settled on 26 (is that right, mom?). The years start blending together. We went out to lunch, which was 95% successful, and ran errands. It was so fun--I loved being able to do the things we did before Finn came along now that he's here. We're still learning how to take him out. :) And then my husband made me a delicious meal and it was great. Most importantly, we had a Dairy Queen Blizzard cake! Delicious and nutritious.
Finley is doing well... we had a rough patch when I got sick and he decided to have a growth spurt, but things are settling down now. He's decided he can only sleep when he is close to us, which is a little challenging, but fun because we don't mind being around him. His crib has turned into a very underused piece of furniture. He gets cast #4 tomorrow, and our doctor said he was making great progress at the last appointment. We are headed to Tulsa and Wichita on Thursday. Finley gets to meet his uncles, great grandparents and his many "aunts" in the BSC. We can't wait.
I clearly need to blog more frequently because people are going to stop reading posts that are this long... but I have a few announcements about my friend the TV. Recent revelations since Finley came:
- I love "How I Met Your Mother", specifically I love NPH and... actually I love the whole show.
- I love "The Mentalist"! Sol and I watched 2 episodes, and besides being entranced by Simon Baker's hair, it is a really good show. It's a lovely cross between Monk and Psych.
- I can not wait 9 months for LOST. I could barely wait 9 months for Finley and I like him way better than LOST. (I know, right? I clearly like him a lot.) What about Jacob? Juliet? Sayid? I can't handle it.
- Also, I love "Big Love" and "Mad Men", shows I Netflixed because I never got the the chance to watch them. They are really great shows.
- I am starting to get concerned about what will happen after the rest of the finales air... Luckily, I think there are still 3 more episodes of the late Pushing Daisies to air. I will be watching A LOT of HGTV. Or maybe I should get a new hobby. Suggestions?