Hello fellow Sock Monkey adorers! Welcome to my tour of Finley's nursery. I'm no longer focusing my creative energies on decorating Finley's nursery--I do design blogs and sell cute stuff on etsy. You can buy our sock monkey prints here. Go take a look!
Interesting things about the nursery:
- I made all the bedding and curtains and pretty much anything made of fabric. I found the cutest sock monkey fabric and ended up ordering it from several different websites. My crowning achievement was sewing piping on to the bumper. It took some skill. I made the mobile too--out of tiny little sock monkeys I ordered on Amazon.
- When I was about 5 weeks pregnant, Courtney and I took two sock monkeys (Curt and Warner) to the park for a photo shoot. We were extremely embarrassed to be toting around sock monkeys but the pictures turned out so great! They are the cutest nursery decorations.
- Victoria helped me paint the nursery white. Sol and 8 month pregnant Rachel painstakingly painted the straightest stripes you'll ever find on that wall. I love the paint colors!
- We got the crib and changing table from craigslist (of course). They're originally from Pottery Barn, and the changing table is my favorite. I love the pictures and the strip running through the cutout.
- Behind the red curtain on the left is our washer and dryer. Man, having it in Finley's room makes washing cloth diapers a breeze. Later on it may cause noise issues, but it sure is nice now.
**This post has been getting a lot of google hits from people searching for sock monkey nurseries. Please let me know if you need any pointers, or feel free to post a link to your sock monkey nursery below! I'd love to see it. **