I'm currently training for the Pittsburgh Marathon which is May 2nd. I plan on kicking its hilly butt. It's my fifth marathon and the third marathon that I have trained seriously for. I realllly want to qualify for Boston, which is running a 3:40. I've finished in 3:47 twice but have trained better this time around. I ran 82% of the Charlottesville marathon (which is about 21.5 miles) last weekend with my friend Jenni, and I feel optimistic about my chances of qualifying.
I better qualify. I want to stop running and take naps after school. But I don't like giving up. (The back up plan is to run some marathon in the fall if I don't qualify.)
Some running stats...
- I run about 32 miles a week since Christmas.
- Since I started keeping track here, I've burned 276 donuts. Impressive, no?
- I've run .02 around the world.
- For this marathon, I ran 20 miles twice and 21 once.
- I ran a half marathon with 7:47 splits as part of my training.
- Monday: swim for an hour after Finley goes to bed
- Tuesday: run 5 miles after school
- Wednesday: run up to 10 miles... sometimes on the treadmill at the gym after Finley's asleep, sometimes broken up into two runs before and after bedtime
- Thursday: run up to 5 miles after school
- Friday: NO RUNNING!
- Saturday: run up to 20 miles (increasing 1 or 2 miles a week)
- Sunday: run up to 10 miles