Saturday, May 21


We arrived in Boston so late on a Friday night--so late it was technically Saturday morning. The flight was a bit rough. For some reason Keaton and my boarding passes wouldn't scan, so Sol took Finley and Braden through security while I went back and got our boarding passes reprinted. Although by the time I got there, our flight was closed and they couldn't print them. I turned into a crazy person and managed to get the supervisor on the phone and basically demanded they reopen the flight. They told me they could reopen it but there was no way I'd make it in time. And I said, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED. I was carrying Merritt and Keaton and literally ran through security and the airport and Sol had to basically stall and physically block them from closing the door to the jetway. But I made it, and then we all stood on the jetway for like five minutes waiting to board. It made lots of sense. BUT I MADE IT. And then Keaton puked on me on the flight. So basically, it was awesome.

But! The next morning we headed into Boston to go to the Expo and buy all the things. Oh and I bought all the things. Sol's parents were randomly in Boston and we overlapped with them for just a few hours, so we all met at Fire and Ice for lunch. Vic ordered me some AMAZING donuts that Maya delivered as well. Oh man. They were insane.

 photo IMG_1258.jpg

We intended to go to our old church Sunday morning--we were just staying a few blocks away. But Keaton puked again, so we decided to stay in and let him recover. We did meet our old bible study friends for lunch, which was lovely. We all did bible study together as newlyweds and its so fun to see everyone as parents of busy kids now!

 photo IMG_2486.jpg

The marathon was Monday, and I insisted on Giacomo's with Alex and Heidi for dinner. Strangely, there was no line when we got there, making our coffee cup wine a little less imperative. I wore my jacket (because everyone wears the jackets forever) and my medal (breaking my rule about no more wearing the medal after you shower) and it was a good thing--because the girls at Pinkberry closed up a few minuets early and then let us in and gave us free quarts of yogurt when I pouted and held up my medal. Also, props to the best waiter ever who stood on a chair to get a picture of us with our food in all its glory.

 photo IMG_1392.jpg

As you recall from the previous post--we saw the ducks. And rode the swan boat.

 photo IMG_1405.jpg

While the marathon was unseasonably warm, the day after the marathon, when we planned to do the Freedom Trail and explore Boston was chilly and less fun for our Texas kids. We tried really hard to do the Freedom Trail, but we ended up being cold and slightly grumpy... so we'll try again next time. Miraculously, my legs felt great!
  photo IMG_1421.jpg

We swung by Harvard Square and all touched John Harvard's toe.

 photo IMG_1456.jpg

And we spent lots of time zipping around on the T. The boys liked riding the train and did pretty well on it. After much debate, we opted for no stroller and definitely think that was the right call. We generally carried Merritt and Keaton everywhere and had a backpack for our stuff. The stroller would have been cumbersome and slow--we were much quicker walking around. And Finley and Braden were troopers walking everywhere!

 photo IMG_1445.jpg

It was a great trip and great to see so many friends and family! Next time... we may leave the kids at home. :)


  1. It's great, keeps a long charge, tons of good attachments, philips norelco series 5000super sharp.. very sharp. My husband didn't realize they were capable of cutting his balls off.. but other than that, we love them!

  2. Hi there, just wanted to say, I liked this blog post.
    It was helpful. Keep on posting! 바카라사이트


A comment? For me? You shouldn't have. But please do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...